SONDER
an animanga resource community
navigation

If you're interested in your site being advertised here, click here to go to the site store!
07.26 new skin and a lifting of the acceptance rules - look here!

00.00 we have our new skin up! please be mindful that our skinning workshop is still ongoing, if you want to join, just post in the thread.

00.00 we have posted new graphic rules for our directory. kindly read the guideline before posting.
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

FEEDBACK, feel free to give us feedback
pronouns HE/HIM
cash 1290
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
SUGGESTIONS
A community doesn't work without its populace and as a representative of community which values mutual agreement and contract, we are free to hear your suggestions for a better community. We will take necessary action as soon as possible. Please be as positive, civil, and as constructive as possible in your suggestions.

HELLO I'm VON IM SIXTEEN AND CURRENTLY FINISHING MY RESEARCH STUDY- WHICH I NEED TO FUND. IVE BEEN CODING FOR A YEAR NOW THROUGH RP! ITS NICE TO MEET YOU EVERYONE! XOXO

posted on Mar 23 2017, 05:47 AM
pronouns ANY
cash 4200
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
so because i'm some kind of anti-hero and i'm terrible, i have some suggestions. DISCLAIMER u don't have to do these at all, it's just me trying to make this place even better via backseating k

trackers or something for the roleplay board. what i'm thinking is just, a place for people to track all their rp threads on the site, maybe post small profiles for their characters if they want to store information about them so other people can see it. i feel like one thread per member is best, but if the roleplay board becomes popular we can always expand it to include more sub-boards and such.

expand the rp searches. instead of lumping all the searches into one board, have a board for staff searches for when you need staff, site searches for when you're looking for a new site to rp on, and wanted ads for when you need some characters. maybe include a sub-board for face claim help for those that need help finding a new fc for their character.

add in places for critiques and code testing? critiques because... well, some people may want to improve (like me), and some coders might be too lazy or something to have their own test site for codes.

skin resources now this is me being hella picky bUT i wouldn't divide skins by their colour scheme. it's something that people are going to change anyway, plus people will be searching for styles over colour schemes. idk how you would divide it exactly, you could forego the division since ALL SKINS ARE EQUAL!!! but you could also divide it by type of skin such as sidebar, 100% header, classic (static banner then info table below) ... i dunno-

also a definite skin resource should be components. some people (like me) tend to just code board mods or board stats but don't ever use them for skins or something, and it'd be nice to have a place to post those. unless i'm missing something. in which case oops.

(also how many coins do you get per post?) but on that note, with the site shop, i definitely recommend keeping tab on when the paid stuff expires, so people know when they can request their site for a paid ad/paid aff. similarly, keep a queue in case you end up with backlog (so like 4 different people buy the big ad spot). i recommend doing this in the item list post or making a second post where those logs and expiration dates can be kept. just soMETHING so people know when a good time to buy them is. also forgive me if this is already gonna be a thing, i just didn't see anything-

on another note can we get a bbcode post temp like blockquote or something i just need it in my life

( icon © ponponpon )
posted on Mar 25 2017, 07:05 AM
pronouns she / her
cash 2960
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
this is really more a skin thing but could it be possible to move maybe the navtree and the userbar up the top to be your friend on the journey around places? i'm just a lazy pos who doesn't want to scroll all the way to the top just to be able to change where i'm looking oops

also i'll probs give more later when i'm not just dead in the water with two hours of sleep #bye

edit: i'm already swinging back to suggest that instead of bold tags for sites you're on, why not use a tags so then you can give people a chance to link out to the sites they're on if they want? idk i just think it would be a cool way to help advertise a site you're on that you like tbeh.

edit: turn off the ability to host avatars for members smh that ends up taking up so much of your space in the file manager that can be better used hosting your stuff so everything's in house and it ain't going down unless the whole site is down.

edit: this will fix the not scrolling to posts problem

edit: i say this as an icon-maker imo so take that into consideration but i'd honestly really like to see more organization with icons? i mean if it were me, i'd actually pull them out entirely separately as a resource like how skins and templates are separate since there's a different way you work with them (whether or not you do the aesthetic icons makes not a lot of difference) and they're generally a lot more desired anyway. so. uh. 100% recommend pulling them out or at least dividing them up so it's animanga / rl and male / female / other. maybe also provide some basic general structure for it, like a master list with images on it since jcink's not 10000% icon-maker friendly tbeh, and yeah. that some good shit.

ideal world
an alternate universe marvel + dc roleplayopen since december 2016
heartbound
an original soulmated mythology roleplaycoming soon!
posted on Mar 25 2017, 07:45 AM
pronouns HE/HIM
cash 1290
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
we've taken into consideration all these suggestions. we'll take necessary actions to this. To the icon thingy. ill change it asap, so please hold onto your icons huehue. Kuroya, you can definitely link your site in there. jsut make sure it's inside a bold tag.

HELLO I'm VON IM SIXTEEN AND CURRENTLY FINISHING MY RESEARCH STUDY- WHICH I NEED TO FUND. IVE BEEN CODING FOR A YEAR NOW THROUGH RP! ITS NICE TO MEET YOU EVERYONE! XOXO

posted on Mar 25 2017, 08:01 AM
pronouns she / her
cash 2960
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
storyteller lmfao no don't put the avatar in a mini-profile field, you don't need to. just basically turn off the option to upload avatars in the admin panel (should be one of the options under the individually member group settings) so you're having everyone self-host instead of being able to upload to the site itself and take up the space.

and i mean i was just thinking it'd be a touch easier to do the sites by using all a tags instead of bs since you don't have to put in an a tag if you don't want. also you guys should probs deal with guidelines for advertising in sigs. and sig guidelines in general lmfao

edit: ALSO HIGHLY GOING TO SUGGEST SOME ORGANIZATION TO THE AD BOARDS. i'd personally recommend adding subcategories for based on / original in the real life and then adding a few of the more popular ones as you get them for both sections (ie, harry potter, dc / marvel, supernatural-esque sites for rl based on; small town, college, supernatural, historical for rl original; pokemon, sailor moon, panfandom for animanga based on [i'm out of touch for what's super popular there rn oops]; supernatural, superpowered, high fantasy for animanga original [again, super out of touch for what's popular here too]). just because otherwise you run the risk of sites getting more or less buried since there's no real good way to sort the ads out right if you're trying to thumb through them. i used to be an ad mod, so i just am super fussy with advertising stuff, oops

ideal world
heartbound
posted on Mar 25 2017, 08:18 AM
pronouns he/they
cash 2885
coding silver
writing unranked
graphics unranked
Kuroya linking to posts should work correctly now! if it isn't working correctly for you or anyone else let me know and i'll look into it again

inside us only starsinside us only starsinside us only starsinside us only starsinside us only starsinside us only starsinside us only stars
aka harja ♥
posted on Mar 25 2017, 10:11 AM
pronouns
cash 550
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
3 things really quick.

one idk if this is just my comp but i'm figuring it prob isn't bc i have a huge width BUT THIS IS WHAT PAID AFFS LOOK LIKE and i'm pretty sure it's meant to be one line. it looks a bit like some of the paddings are uneven so maybe someone was testing the padding sizes and bumped an aff down?

the other one is that i think a scroll to top button would benefit greatly esp with the navbar at the top of the forum like it is. idk if you guys are planning to have it... follow...... on the top of the page (is that how you word it? im sorry?) or leave it like it currently is bc i see kuro mentioned having it stick to the top of the page instead but i'm like? it looks really aesthetically pleasing right there and i think it would be fine if there were just a scroll to top button? i know my computer lags when i two finger scroll sometimes and - generally on all sites - the scrollbars can be buggy for me and idk why. but that's a me thing and not a 'the sites scrollbars are bugging' thing so feel free to ignore that. ;u; just a thought.

ALSO. maybe a very short guide to galleries???? i asked a few questions about them in the cbox but i'm personally still kind of confused about them but i think that's mostly because a ranking system is weird and new to me.

i hate posting in these things but idk do with these ideas as u will.

EDIT// i showed the gyazo to valka and apparently i was zoomed out and just neVER NOTICED. PS: THE SITE LOOKS GOOD AT 90% ZOOM HAAA
posted on Mar 25 2017, 07:30 PM
pronouns she/her
cash 430
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
hey just a tiny quality of life thing but it'd be great to have larger/more obvious text in the top navbar? shit's just hard to see/notice rn especially because the other stuff in the header is so much bigger

user posted image
posted on Mar 25 2017, 10:21 PM
pronouns ANY
cash 4200
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
insert laughing crying emoji here

so i was looking at the site shop, and basically the special affiliate says you should provide "your site's name, link, genre, the image you want to display, and your site's synopsis" when really you only need to provide an affiliate banner. similarly, you state that you have only one slot for the special affiliate which contradicts the first sentence where u say u have nine

JUST A SMALL MISTAKE REALLY i'll come back if i find anything else

( icon © ponponpon )
posted on Mar 26 2017, 12:33 AM
pronouns POTATO
cash 2150
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
If you want to get rid of the dashes above the signatures, add the macro SIG_SEPARATOR and simply keep it empty.
posted on Mar 26 2017, 02:02 AM
pronouns she / her
cash 2960
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
I JUST REALIZED THERE'S NO QUICK WAY TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE ON AN ACCOUNT SINCE IT'S NOT IN THE MINI-PROFILE FORMAT Y'ALL SHOULD PROBABLY FIX THAT FAM

ideal world
heartbound
posted on Mar 26 2017, 07:38 AM
pronouns HE/HIM
cash 1290
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
QUOTE (Kuroya @ Mar 26 2017, 12:38 PM)
I JUST REALIZED THERE'S NO QUICK WAY TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE ON AN ACCOUNT SINCE IT'S NOT IN THE MINI-PROFILE FORMAT Y'ALL SHOULD PROBABLY FIX THAT FAM

hover on the first icon fam x)

posted on Mar 26 2017, 08:07 AM
pronouns she / her
cash 2960
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
QUOTE (storyteller @ Mar 26 2017, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (Kuroya @ Mar 26 2017, 12:38 PM)

hover on the first icon fam x)

i demand a like button to be able to like this

make it so >:c

no for real i know you can't do that, that's a john thing, but one day we'll have it.

ideal world
heartbound
posted on Mar 26 2017, 08:49 AM
pronouns HE/HIM
cash 2865
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
Kuroya i could install it, but a dislike button is a bit.... xDD

posted on Mar 26 2017, 08:59 AM
pronouns she / her
cash 2960
coding unranked
writing unranked
graphics unranked
QUOTE (von @ Mar 26 2017, 08:59 AM)
Kuroya i could install it, but a dislike button is a bit.... xDD

WHAT. i thought the like button wasn't something that john had managed to finish yet. since he's said he's going to do it, it's just lower priority for him. HUH.

ideal world
heartbound
posted on Mar 26 2017, 09:22 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll